Ensure Trend Micro Business Productivity with Weekend Workstation Exchange
Trend Micro is a global leader in network antivirus and internet content security software services with 3000 employees in 30 countries. Trend Micro’s desire to replace a floor of out-of-date workstations hampering employee productivity demonstrated Solution Office Interiors redesign capability and an innovative on-the-job solution when faced with an unexpected discovery. Solution was called upon to:
- Remove old workstations without interrupting employees.
- Install 27 new workstations custom selected and configured by the Solution Design team.
- Tear down and install in a single weekend.
- Move all employee personal belongings.
- Overcome a large hidden carpet problem from a prior technology move that was discovered after workstation removal.
Craft an innovative carpet replacement plan at the job site that would still allow the new workstations to be installed in two days.
Solutions were implemented that solidify Solution as one of the leading office furniture services companies in the industry.
- Rather than wait until Monday for a carpet supplier to remove a patchwork of improperly cut carpet,
- Solution crafted a plan to remove carpet from unseen Trend Micro locations on other building floors to recarpet the cubicle area.
- Hours of carpet cutting and patching by Solution employees at the job site enabled the timely installation of the new workstations, the return of all Trend Micro personal belongings, and a productive Monday start.
Quick “above and beyond” thinking and a resourceful plan resulted in a seamless solution and a bottom line impact to the overall project cost of less than 1% with zero productivity lost. Other vendor schedules dependent upon Solution meeting its schedule were able to move forward on time.