Redeployment of the San Jose office employees, furniture, and workstations to the Livermore regional campus.
Comcast Corporation is one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information, and communication products and services to residential and commercial customers. As of December 31, 2008, Comcast Cable served approximately 24 million video customers, 15 million high-speed Internet customers, and over 6.5 million phone customers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Solutions’ has been the Comcast Bay Area Region’s preferred vendor for office moves, adds, and changes for over 10 years, and this strong business relationship has led Comcast to trust Solutions Office Interiors for the following critical work:
- Coordinating the relocation of 400 Comcast employees to their Livermore campus.
- Analyzing inventory requirements at each location.
- Reusing available inventory from the San Ramon location as necessary.
- Refurbishing inventory as needed.
- Repairing workstations and office furniture as required.
- Laying out the design plan for their Livermore site.
- Installing inventory as specified in the design plan.
- Managing the relocation off hours to minimize employee downtime.
Comcast solved their challenge by taking advantage of all of Solutions’ in-house Refinishing, Refurbishing, Painting, Design, Sourcing, and Installation resources to relocate their employees in record time.
Solutions Office Interiors took the following actions for Comcast, which solidify them as one of the leading office furniture service companies in the industry:
- Reused available inventory from the San Ramon location as needed.
- Sourced missing parts and were on-hand the day of installation in order to stay on schedule.
- Refurbished inventory was refurbished as necessary.
- Repaired workstations and office furniture when needed.
- Created detailed, consolidated office design plans.
- Stored or recycled remaining inventory per customer instructions.